The Robotics and Automation Society is a student-run organization that provides its members with hands-on experience in robotics. RAS enhances students' education by supplementing classroom lectures with designing, prototyping, and competing cutting-edge autonomous robots. It provides motivated individuals with the tools and materials they need to bring their innovative ideas to life. In addition to honing their technical skills, students also learn to manage projects, acquire funding, make budgets, and meet competition deadlines.
- Connect with like-minded individuals who are also passionate about robotics! Chat with upperclassmen who can provided research, gradschool, and internship advice and industry connections.
- Learn new subject matter that is not typically covered in courses through projects and RAS-hosted workshops! This will give you an edge when applying for internships and full time roles.
- Get exclusive access to the major robotics companies in the area through site tours!
- Get access to our workshop where you can build high quality robots with high quality parts.
- Build your network and collaborate with students multiple multiple universities around the country!
Our Team in the news
- 150mph Without a Driver: Indy Autonomous Cars Gear Up for Race
- University of Pittsburgh Woman Leads Indy Autonomous Challenge Team Into Historic Competition
- Luminar at Indy Autonomous Challenge: MIT-PITT-RW
- Pitt Undergrads Take on the World for a $1 Million Prize at the Indianapolis Autonomous Challenge
- Robots on the Racetrack: A Team of Pitt Students will Compete in the First Indy Autonomous Challenge
- MIT-PITT-RW Team Faces Obstacles at Indy Autonomous Challenge
- The Indy Autonomous Challenge Features Racecars Without Anyone in the Driver's Seat
- PITT Autonomous Racing Team Earns Support From Pittsburgh Robotics Community
- Self Driving Cars Rev Their Engines For Their Own Indy 500 Race
- Taking Ubuntu for a Spin (Literally)
- In Pursuit of the Checkered Flag: The Challenge of Developing a Driverless Race Car System
- Students Make Finals—and History—as Part of Autonomous Race at Indianapolis Speedway
International Aerial Robotics Competition (IARC)
- Pitt Robotics Team Meets Mission Impossible
- University of Pittsburgh Team Designing Drone to Herd Roomba Vacuums
- Pitt Students’ Autonomous Drone 'Flies High' at International Robotics Competition
- RAS Team Wins 'Best System Design' at International Aerial Robotics Competition
Current Executive Board
- (President) Olivia Sobek
- (Vice President) Killian Rush
- (Director of Outreach) Dana He
- (Director of Business) Yun Dong
- (Director of Operations) Joshua Summers
Previous RAS Websites